VIVO Indian Premier League, the most-attended cricket league in the world, was introduced in 2007 by the Board of Control for Cricket in India. Due to its ever-increasing popularity in the early years, the brainchild of Lalit Kumar Modi has become the world’s first sporting event to be broadcast live on YouTube. All the fixtures of first Indian Premier League (IPL 2008) were played in nine venues across India. Nevertheless, eight venues across India and one venue in Abu Dhabi will host all the sixty-two games of twelfth Indian Premier League, i.e., IPL 2019, to be started from 23rd March 2019.
- Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- Sawai Man Singh Stadium, Jaipur
- Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
- Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali
- Eden Garden Stadium, Kolkata
- M Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru,
- MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
- Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium, Delhi
- Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
As per the Chairman of Supreme Court appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA), the organising committee will keep alternate venues for all the primary venues. A match or a group of matches will be shifted if there is an urgency backed by Indian General Election, 2019. However, the shift will be done in consultation with state and central government bodies as well as security agencies.